Belfast | Permanent
Vaughan Engineering Services Ltd. are recruiting for a Mechanical Estimator to join our Head Office team in Newtownabbey. Reporting to the Estimating Manager you will be required to assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, and returned within deadline.
- Review enquiry documentation to fully determine and understand the scope and requirements of the project.
- log all received documents and drawings as required by QA procedure.
- Quantify/measure/price and labour the extent of the works involved from drawings or BoQ and input onto estimation system
- Send out enquiries to suppliers and sub-contractors for quotations for input into tender. Analyse all received documents for compliance with the contract documents and required standards.
- Identify potential commercial & technical risks/opportunities within the scope of enquires received.
- Co-ordinate with other members of the estimating team to ensure all other disciplines have correctly understood scope requirements.
- Communicate any clarifications to the client team and assess responses.
- Plan to ensure timely production of tender documentation for submission.
- Collate tender information and produce tender finalisation document for discussion with Director.
- Produce Tender Letter of Offer and contractor’s proposal document detailing all Commercial and technical inclusions or exclusions
- Represent the company at meetings or tender interviews with a full knowledge of the project.
- Ability to work as part of a team on major tenders and with minimum supervision on smaller work
- Awareness of latest industry technologies and systems to allow dynamic approach to tendering.
- Evaluate supplier and subcontractor returns to ensure compatibility with the tender specification/documentation.
The Ideal Person:
- Electrically/Mechanically qualified – desirable HNC/ONC in an engineering discipline
- Experience in a similar building services estimating role
- Solid understanding of Mechanical Building services installations and systems.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Clear methodical working practice
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to identify risk/opportunities at tender stage
- A team player attitude
- Experience with digital estimation and document management platforms.
- An ability to multitask and work within tight deadlines.
- Good level of IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
To apply for this role please send your CV to [email protected]